Need a quick ‘go to’ recipe after a busy day at work? Our Bang Bang Prawn & Noodle Stir-Fry recipe ticks all the boxes for a delicious and easy to prepare midweek Asian meal.
The vegetables and noodles can be prepared in advance and the prawns are super quick to cook, perfect for a hassle-free summer evening. This dish doesn’t compromise on flavour, will come together in no time at all and will leave you with very little washing up!
4 - 5
Mustard Family Foods’ frozen Bang Bang Sauce, also sold within our Dipping Sauce Box is mouthwateringly delicious, versatile and doesn’t need to be heated. Simply defrost overnight in the fridge and then you’re ready to get creative.
16 Large raw, shell off, deveined king prawns
Salt and cracked black pepper for seasoning
Good glug of olive oil
3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 Bag Mustard Family Foods Bang Bang Sauce
120g Egg noodles
Glug of sesame oil
½ Cucumber, halved, deseeded, and sliced into 5mm pieces
8 Radishes, finely sliced
1 Large carrot, peeled into ribbons
6 Spring onions, thinly sliced on the angle
1 Large handful of mange tout
1 Pak choi, leaves separated
Handful of fresh, washed coriander leaves
1 tsp of Toasted sesame seeds
1 Handful of roughly chopped cashew nuts
Pinch of chilli flakes
1 Lime cut into 1/4trs
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, season with salt and cook the egg noodles according to pack instructions. Drain noodles and drizzle with a good glug of sesame oil to avoid sticking, reserve in a bowl to one side.
- Place the raw prawns into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and season lightly with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan until just smoking, add prawns and sear on both sides until pink, about 2 – 3 mins, then add the rice wine vinegar.
- Add the pak choi leaves, mange tout and cook for 1 min, then add the cooked egg noodles, carefully toss to combine ingredients.
- Shake the Bang Bang Sauce well and pour over the cooked egg noodles, carefully mix to evenly coat the noodles, then add the carrot ribbons, sliced radish, spring onion, cucumber and gently mix.
- Divide the noodle salad and prawns between plates, top with chopped cashew nuts, toasted sesame seeds, coriander leaves and lime wedge. Finish with chilli flakes to taste for that extra bit of heat.
Once you have cooked the egg noodles, drain and then place into cold water to immediately stop the cooking process. If you are wheat or gluten intolerant, swap the egg noodles for rice or soba noodles.
Bang Bang Sauce Nutritionals:
Writer profile: Kate Brooke Green
After honing her skills at Westminster Kingsway, culinary competitions and the kitchens of many high-end restaurants, it was a drive for new challenges whilst fusing her talents of a fine art degree that led to moving into food and product development. Kate developed and launched many products with top retailers Waitrose and M&S, worked with established manufacturers, airline and food delivery services, as well as headed up food development at prominent restaurant groups such as The Ivy Collection.