Bring an oriental flair to lunch or dinner with this scrumptious vegan noodle salad recipe. A fresh mix of pak choi, cucumbers, carrots, and spring onion wrapped around a sweet, spicy peanut sauce makes this an incredibly delicious and healthy meal for the family. And the best part of it all is that there is nothing to cook other than the rice noodles!
Mustard Family Foods’ frozen Bang Bang Sauce, also sold within our Dipping Sauce Box is mouthwateringly delicious, versatile and doesn’t need to be heated. Simply defrost overnight in the fridge and then you’re ready to get creative.
This gluten- and dairy-free recipe is suitable for vegans , but can be modified by adding prawns or chicken. Whether you choose to serve the Bang Bang Sauce as part of a vegan or non-vegan meal, your family will be smacking their lips requesting a second helping.
4 - 5
140g thin rice noodles
Salt and cracked black pepper for seasoning
Good glug of sesame oil
3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 Bag Mustard Family Foods Bang Bang Sauce
2 Pak choi, 1cm sliced
½ Cucumber, halved, deseeded, and thinly sliced into 6cm batons
8 Radishes, finely sliced
1 Large carrot, peeled into ribbons
6 Spring onions, thinly sliced on the angle
1 Large handful of mange tout, finely sliced lengthways
½ fresh red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
Handful of fresh, washed coriander leaves
1 tsp of Toasted sesame seeds
1 Handful of roughly chopped cashew nuts
1 Lime cut into 1/4trs
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, season with salt and cook the wide rice noodles according to pack instructions. Drain noodles and drizzle with a good glug of sesame oil to avoid sticking; reserve in a bowl to one side.
- Place the raw prawns in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and season lightly with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan until just smoking, add prawns and sear on both sides until pink, about 2 – 3 mins, then add the rice wine vinegar and remove from the heat.
- Shake the Bang Bang sauce well and pour over the cooked rice noodles. Carefully mix to evenly coat the noodles, then add the carrot ribbons, sliced radish, spring onion, chilli, mange tout and gently toss.
- Divide the noodle salad and prawns between plates, top with chopped cashew nuts, toasted sesame seeds, coriander leaves and lime wedge.
Once you have made the carrot ribbons, finely slice the spring onion and mange tout; place in a bowl of ice-cold water to make it extra crunchy.
For an extra spicy punch, add chilli flakes to taste.
Bang Bang Sauce Nutritionals:
You may also enjoy using the Bang Bang Sauce to create Baked Salmon with Peanut-dressed Cucumber & Tenderstem Broccoli; or Bang Bang Chicken Salad; or Bang Bang Prawn & Noodle Stir-fry
After honing her skills at Westminster Kingsway, culinary competitions and the kitchens of many high-end restaurants, it was a drive for new challenges whilst fusing her talents of a fine art degree that led to moving into food and product development. Kate developed and launched many products with top retailers Waitrose and M&S, worked with established manufacturers, airline and food delivery services, as well as headed up food development at prominent restaurant groups such as The Ivy Collection.